Information reaching us confirmed that the Joint Admission Matriculation Board has suspended the 2017 Correction Of Data activities on its portal till further notice.
The Correction of Data involves the activities of Change of Course/Institutions for candidates who wish to switch to other programmes or institution due to mistakes or unforeseen circumstances.
One of the reasons which led to the suspension of the correction was the abuse of JAMB CBT Accredited Centers, many reports has it that students were been extorted for the services which is supposed to be 2,500.
The Joint Admission Matriculation Board therefore wishes to inform all candidates who are interested in the services that they should be patient as the portal has been removed and suspended from their website.
The Registrar while addressing students today in Ikoyi made it known that the portal will be re-opened soon and enough room given for all candidates to effect changes.
The Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Tuesday said it has released the results of the first set of candidates who took the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) on Saturday.
Head of information Dr. Fabian Benjamin said the results were released “within 24 hours of the examination and candidates are to check their e-mail addresses or visit the board’s website for their results.”
He said a total of 742,906 candidates took the examination on Saturday, 13th and Monday 15th May, 2017 while 401,292 candidates were expected to write the exam on Tuesday, raising the number to over 1,144,198 out of the 1,718,425 candidates slated for the examination this year.
He said the examination was adjudged “excellent by all stakeholders, parent, students and the mass media. Particularly acknowledged, was the prompt response of the board to very few technical issues reported during the nationwide exercise.”
He said a technical team was on standby at the JAMB headquarters to receive and address complaints from the 642 centres across the country.
The 2017 UTME would end on Saturday 20th May, 2017.
The Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) on Friday denied Aregation of deductions in candidates’ marks in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
It advised the candidates to disregard the rumour.
Head of JAMB Information and Media, Dr. Fabian Benjamin, denied the reports in a statement in Abuja.
According to Benjamin, the rumour is false, fake,devilish and a ploy to cause disaffection among candidates who participated in the 2017 UTME. “It is no longer news that all our centres have CCTV camera and we have watched all proceedings at the Computer Based Test (CBT) centres across the nation. “Those involved in any infraction will be sanctioned in accordance with the provision of the Examination Malpractice Act.
“The board has not deducted any marks from any candidate and is not contemplating doing that as it is not a condition for sanction in any of the provisions of the law against malpractice.
“Again, we call on all candidates to be mindful of fraudulent characters who will send misleading information to create panic and take advantage of the situation to defraud them”.
Benjamin said that the examinations had so far been conducted for 1,698,835 candidates and that the remaining 19950 would sit for the examination on Saturday, May 20.
He said that the board would conclude the ongoing examination on Saturday, May 20, and examination results were being released for candidates to check, except on Friday and Saturday.
Benjamin said that report that candidates, who could not check their results because they owed JAMB some money, was also false.
He advised candidates not to pay any money to anybody as their results had already been sent to their mails and on the JAMB website: http://www.jamb.org.ng
Benjamin advised candidates to login to check the result with their registration number or with email address to print.
He urged candidates with any challenge not to hesitate to contact the board or check the organisation’s Website for detailed information and numbers for enquiries. (NAN
A human rights legal counselor situated in Awka, Anambra state, Francis Gozie Moneke, has dragged the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, JAMB, to the Federal High Court sitting in Awka, the state capital, for supposedly coercing and terribly damaging the basic human privileges of JAMB competitors who enlisted for the 2017 Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examinations, UTME.
Support competitors In the Suit No. FHC/AWK/CS/74/2017, recorded at the court registry, Moneke (offended party) said the blackmail was executed against the hopefuls of JAMB (respondents) amid the online application handle whereby the board forced a few unapproved demands on the competitors.
In his announcement of case, the offended party is looking for a statement of the court that these blackmails and exploitative expenses were infringing upon the competitors’ rights to respect of human individual ensured under Section 34 (1) (an) of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 (as corrected) and Article 5 of African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights (Ratification and Enforcement) Act, 1983.
The offended party additionally looked for the court announcement that burden of N2,500 for information adjustment and another N700 for CBT fixate enlistment on the competitors by the respondents were so extortionate and exploitative that it damaged their basic human rights. He additionally looked for a court presentation that the arrangement of UTME syllabus and other data applicable to the examination just in a web empowered PC plate, was discriminative against a huge number of the UTME applicants who don’t approach PC as well as web, therefore kept them from get ready satisfactorily for the examination, which again abused their rights to opportunity from segregation ensured under the 1999 constitution.
He in this manner supplicated the court to concede a request convincing the respondents to discount every one of the possibility for the 2017 UTME the total of N700 each and N2,500 each being the exploitative expense paid as CBT Center enlistment charge and Data Correction Fee individually, and additionally another N2,000 each as remuneration for gross infringement of their rights to the poise of the human individual.
He likewise supplicated the court to control the respondents consequently from forcing on planned competitors the same bulky, exploitative and discriminative application system endorsed by it for the 2017 UTME application prepare and for such further requests or different requests as the court may consider fit to make in the condition.
Universities In Nigeria That Accepts 150 JAMB Cut Off Mark 2017 – (even if you didn’t choose them). Candidates of JAMB screening exercise feels bad when scoring below their choosed institution cut off mark. For this reason, we have compiled the full list of Nigerian Universities, that Accepts 150 JAMB Cut Off Mark even when you did not choose them in JAMB CBT in this 2017 JAMB Examination…
Below Are The Universities
Ladoke Akintola University of Technology (LAUTECH)
Ekiti State University (EKSU)
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT)
Institute of Management and Technology (IMT), Enugu
Afe Babalola University, Ado-Ekiti (ABUAD)
Gregory University, Uturu
Lagos State University (LASU)
Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU)
Federal University Otuoke (FUOTUOKE)
Plateau State University Bokkos (PLASU)
Ignatius Aturu University Of Education (IAUE)
Abia State University, Uturu (ABSU)
We will continue to make contact with other schools and update this page accordingly. Feel free to bookmark this page for reference purpose.
Benue state candidates are encountering more difficulties in their bids to register for the 2017/2018 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME), banks and the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board (JAMB) have continued to trade blames. While JAMB has accused the banks of causing the delays, the banks have shot back, arguing that JAMB was solely responsible for generating the Personal Identification Number (PIN), which was the main cause of the delay Mr Simeon Isimishere, the Operations Manager of Zenith Bank, Makurdi branch, said that the banks were not responsible for the delays experienced by applicants seeking to register the JAMB examinations. Isimishere expressed surprise at the allegations by Mr Samuel Umuru, Head of JAMB office in Makurdi, that the banks were responsible for the delays and confusion.
“How can JAMB blame the banks? Generating the PINs is the main headache and that is solely handled by JAMB. The banks only issue what has been generated and given to them, so how can one blame them?” he asked. He said that the banks only receive the payments and issue the PINs. “The problem is that after getting the PINs, most applicants are unable to access the JAMB website.” He explained that the initial PINs that were generated by the board had issues and could not be activated. The official, however, disclosed that the banks were working with the board to resolve the issues and announced that the problems had been “brought down to the barest minimum”. A cross section of the applicants, however said that they were no more experiencing the challenges.
An applicant, Idoko John, said that he had difficulties activating the PIN that was given to him from the bank and made several trips, from the bank to the JAMB office, to rectify the problem. “Already, the problem has been fixed. We fixed it this afternoon ,” he said. Another applicant, Sesugh David, who was still on the queue in the bank, also agreed that there was much improvement because “the queue is moving fast and there is no much confusion again”. He said that the lines were moving fast, but added that applicants were returning to the bank to complain of invalid PINs.
Reacting to the damage in the Makurdi JAMB office, Mr Moses Yamu, Public Relations Officer of the Benue Police Command, said that the protesters were dispersed before they could commit much havoc. He said that no suspect was arrested, but disclosed that investigation was ongoing. “Normalcy has been restored and officials of the examinations board have resumed their duties,” he said.
Applicants seeking to purchase the JAMB forms besieged the Makurdi JAMB office on Thursday, to protest the cumbersome registration process. The angry applicants broke windows and destroyed the office signpost.