It is responsible for implementing all the programmes, policies, strategy, andobjectives of the NBA in line with organizational strategy. It coordinates the necessary monitoring & evaluation, compliance, quality control and progress report.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director
Reporting To: The NBA President & General Secretary.
Duties & Responsbilities
- Under the supervision of the General Secretary and leadership of the President, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing, planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and implementing NBA policies, programmes, directives, and strategic plan as determined from time to time by the NBA National Executive Committee, NEC, President and General Secretary of the NBA.
In particular, Executive Director will perform the following duties:
- He/she shall coordinate and oversee the day to day general administration and management of NBA National Secretariat.
- Manage and administer the National Secretariat human, financial and other resources effectively to achieve the objectives of the NBA.
- Coordinate and ensure the effective and efficient implementation of NBA Strategic Plan, programmes, policies, dectsions and resolutions ofAGM, NEC, and President.
- Develop programmes, initiatives and projects that relate to the regulatory, representative, re-engineering and public interest roles of the NBA.
- Review approved plans and budgets as part of annual planning and budgeting cycle, and make recommendations to the President and General Secretary accordingly.
- Ensure that an annual plan and budget are prepared and presented to President and General Secretary for their Pres-entation at the NBA National Executive Committee.
- Oversee the researching and drafting of policies, working papers, memoranda of understanding, briefs, concept notes and other original materials for the NBA Leadership.
- Design and oversee fundraising initiatives and strategies with a view to generating revenue forthe NBA.
- To assist all NBA governance structure and platforms like Committees, Forums, Sections, Institutes in coordinating and implementing their programmes, plans, priorities and goal
- Develop and initiate policies and programmes that promote and ensure synergy between the NBA National leadership and all other NBA organs and structure like Branches, Committees, Forums, Institutes
- Facilitate and promote collaboration and partnership with local and international organizations and Development Partners.
- Manage and ensure smooth transition from one outgoing NBA. leadership/administration to an in-coming administration.
- Provide active assistance and support in working with external stakeholders and Partners to maintain or enhance existing relationships to the benefit of NBA as well as to actively participate in building relationships and partnerships with new donor and stakeholders.
- Motivate and support staff members by fostering teamwork and ensuring that objectives are achieved. Also address possible conflicts in a positive and constructive manner, and encourage healthy working relationships within a multi-cultural setting.
- Ensure continuity and consistency of programmes and policies of successive NBA administration.
- Facilitate and ensure the implementation of the Presidential Plan of the NBA President during his/her administration and tenure in office.
- Develop implementation plans for effective and efficient implementation of NBA programmes, policies, and strategy.
- Design and develop Business Development, sponsorship and advertising initiatives for the purpose of creating different streams of income forthe NBA.
- To create measures and promote initiatives that will result in professionalizing the National Secretariat and enhancing its capacity to meet the needs of Nigerian lawyers.
- To supervise and administer all the Directorates in the National Secretariat and their various Heads with a view to ensuring that theyare effectively and diligently fulfilling their mandate.
- To ensure that all members of staff comply with the policies, rules and regulations of the NBA National Secretariat as contained in the Personnel Human Resources Manual, Standard Operating Procedures, Employee Handbook, and Nigerian Lawyers. Also to ensure dispassionate application of the rules and regulations to any member of staff whenever the need arises.
- Ensure the timely monitoring and evaluation of programmes, policies, Plans and milestones using the necessary monitoring and evaluation mechanisms and tools.
- Provide international best practice policies, programmes and strategic planning recommendations, support and advise to the leadership of NBA.
- To carry out any other duties and assignments that may be assigned by NEC, President and General Secretary as the need arises.
- The Executive Director shall be holder of a University Degree in Law or Humanities or social sciences from a university recognized by the appropriate authority.
- A post graduate degree in relevant fields shall be an added advantage
- Minimum of 10 years cognate experience in general office management finance and administration 5 years of which shall be the top management level.
- Extensive experience in organizational development work.
- Extensive experience in team building and team leadership.
- Extensive experience in managing budgets, financial and human resources.
- Minimum of 10 years professional experience of working planning, policy, programming, and development context.
- Extensive cognate experience in general administration and programme development and project management.
- Fluency in English is required. Fluency in any other international language(s) may be an added advantage
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Competencies:
- Experience in general management, finance and administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of information and communication technology usage.
- The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and minimum supervision.
- High sense of ethics, integrity, credibility and commitment to NBAs objectives.
- Solid interpersonal skills and the ability to work constructively with a leadership team in a highly networked environment.
- Excellent knowledge of the legal profession and Bar Association Community in Nigeria
- Understanding of the workings of a Bar Association or a Law Society at national, regional and international levels.
- Knowledge of international best practices of a Bar Association structure, policies and programmes.
Attractive and Competitive
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV’s with their letters of application or expression of interest to the Nigerian Bar Association via: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Office of the General Secretary,
Nigerian Bar Association,
Plot 1101, Muhammed Buhari Way, Cadastral Zone,
Central Business District,
Application Deadline: 20th October, 2017.