ASI Data Science invites applications for the ASI Data Science & Data Engineering Fellowship open to PhD graduates, post-doctoral researchers starting January 2019.
Since 2014, ASI Data Science has helped more than 180 PhD graduates, post-doctoral researchers and experienced software engineers transition into a career in data science. After two weeks of intensive lectures and workshops at ASI, Fellows are paired with Project Companies for a six-week data science project, during which Fellows are paid the London Living Wage.
The finale of the Fellowship is Demo Day. Fellows have the opportunity to present their hard work to an invited audience of over 200 guests. The evening is a great chance to network with hiring managers and influential individuals from a wide range of businesses from London, the UK and Europe.
Value of Award
Fellows are paid London Living Wage for four days a week for the duration of their six week project. The two weeks of training at the beginning of the Fellowship is free of charge for Fellows.
You must have the right to work full time in the UK. If this is on a basis of a visa, please provide a copy of your visa with your application.
In general, successful candidates meet most of the requirements below:
- A PhD in a STEM subject.
- A high level of mathematical competence.
- Programming experience.
- The ability to code.
- Some experience with theoretical concepts of statistical learning (e.g. hypothesis testing, Bayesian Inference, Regression, SVM, Random Forests, Neural Networks, natural language processing, optimisation).
- Experience with some coding libraries frequently used in data science.
- The ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Experience composing and following a project plan/sticking to self-imposed deadlines/proactively solving your own problems.
How to Apply
- Please submit your application by 8pm GMT 15th October 2018. Early submissions have a significant advantage as we have more time to review them.
- They will start interviewing candidates via Skype in the four weeks after the closing date.
- Successful candidates will be notified via email on the 20th November 2018.
Deadline: applications close 8pm GMT 15th October 2018