Oscar Temple – Our client, a key player in the insurance industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Director, Technical Life Business Location: Nigeria Job Description
- We seek to recruit a professional, who will be responsible for directing the technical and operational functions, and also responsible for developing, implementing and managing short, medium and long-term strategies that will ensure the continued growth and profitability of the company.
- Lead the team in developing and executing company strategies to optimise shareholder value
- Set operational principles that promote financial, operational and individual performance
- Direct financial and risk management activities and oversee corporate governance structure and guidelines to ensure compliance with all regulatory policies
- Build and strengthen the Company’s brand and performance so as to occupy ‘one of the top three players’ position over the next few years
- Ensure implementation of risk management practices and procedures in accordance with the risk management framework approved by the Board.
- Become a catalyst in bringing about a paradigm shift in the Nigerian market with a strong retail focus and increasing penetration in the Individual Life Insurance segment –where consumers purchase life insurance plans for investments and retirement with a long-term focus rather than short-term savings
- Take full ownership of the company’s financial performance and provide periodic update on it to the Board.
- A good first degree in the field of Management, Economics, Insurance, Law, Finance or related discipline, from a reputable University. An MBA or any other higher degree will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification(s) in insurance (e.g. ACII), actuarial sciences or equivalent is an added value
- Minimum of 15 years post-qualification experience including 5 years’ experience at senior management level within the Insurance Industry.
- Excellent relationship management and strategic networking skills in the context of insurance business.
- Sound knowledge of regional and global trends in the insurance industry as well as an understanding of the key macroeconomic drivers is an added advantage,
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, excellent leadership, negotiation, marketing, planning and organization skills.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their application and CV’s to: email@example.com