Helen Keller International Graduate and Non-Graduate Recruitment 2017 – In this article you will get latest updates on Helen Keller International Graduate and Non-Graduate Recruitment 2017, recruitment requirements, qualifications, guidelines and other important updates for free.
Helen Keller International (HKI), established in 1915, works to save the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. We combat the causes and consequences of blindness and malnutrition by establishing programs based on evidence and research in vision, health and nutrition. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 22 countries in Africa and Asia as well as in the United States.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Finance and Admin Officer Location: Katsina Job Summary
- Under the supervision of the Project lead and Finance and Operations Manager, the Finance and Admin Officer coordinates all financial and administrative functions related to the DFID project in Katsina in accordance with agreed protocols and policies
- Finance and Accounting
- Review activity requests and prepare of bank vouchers for payments
- Tracking of cash flow
- Compile retirement receipts and review
- Enter payments and retirements into financial accounting software on daily basis using QB
- Reconcile all bank account monthly against bank statement and submit to FM for review
- Petty cash reconciliation
- Preparation of office running budget
- Check matching expenses for compliance with donor regulations.
- Monitor donor budget and prepare all necessary donor reports and submit to Finance Manager for review and approval.
- Month end reporting package
- Carry out additional tasks, as requested by the Finance, Operations Manager, Project Lead and Country Director.
- Qualification: A minimum of B.Sc/HND in Accounting, Possession of professional qualification such as ACA or ACCA,
- At least 3 year working experience especially in development sector.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to job requirement
- Able to work under pressure minimal supervision and able to meet up deadlines.
- Ability to use computer software such as Microsoft office, Internet
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially
Job Title: Human Resource/Administrative Coordinator Location: Nigeria Job Summary
- Under the overall guidance of the Finance and Operations Manager, the HR/Administrative Coordinator will provide support for the day to day running (including HR, administrative and logistical activities) of the HKI Country Office, ensuring high quality and accuracy of work.
- The HR/Administrative Coordinator promotes a client, quality and results-oriented approach and ensures consistent service delivery.
Job Descriptions Human Resources:
- Leading the recruitment of new hires and organizing the orientation for new staff;
- Filing and updating staff files; maintaining staff contracts and personnel files;
- Preparing monthly payroll and appropriate wage, pension and income tax payments deductions and ensuring that they are paid in timely manner;
- Compilation of staff timesheet for CD approval and recording of staff leave;
- Supervising and ensuring the implementation of National Staff Terms and Conditions
- Ensuring the update of local rules and regulations;
- Coordinating the annual performance evaluation report process for all staff and preparing annual performance evaluation reports on staff under his/ her supervision.
- Carrying out other HR functions as directed by Regional HR Director, Country Director and Finance /Operations Manager.
- The HR/Administrative Coordinator is to ensure implementation of operational strategies including:
- Full compliance of administrative activities with HKI regulations, policies and strategies;
- Support to the HKI Country Office administrative business processes;
- Implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultations with office management;
- The HR/Administrative Coordinator will ensure effective and efficient provision of HKI Office coordination activities which include:
- Coordination of logistics including booking of flight and hotel reservations, making arrangement for transportation, review of travel authorizations documentation and payments;
- Coordination and supervision of support staff (driver, office assistant);
- Presentation of thoroughly researched information for planning of financial resources for administrative services;
- Overseeing the reception of visitors to the organization and direction of visitors and partners inquiries to appropriate authorities in a professional manner.
- The HR/Administrative Coordinator will provide support to proper supply and assets management including:
- Coordination of assets management in HKI Country Office which includes coordination of physical verification of inventory items;
- Ensuring provision of reliable and quality office supplies;
- Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies;
- Providing assistance to the Finance and Operations Manager in the preparation of budgets, audits and other reports;