Application Deadline: 31st October 2017
University/institution of Study: Keio University
Scholarship Sponsor:Keio University, Joint Japan/World Bank Graduate Scholarship Program (JJ/WBGSP)
Country of Study: Japan
Scholarship Benefits:Level of Study: Masters
The JJ/WBGSP scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
Field/Area of Study: Taxation Policy and Management
Type of Award: Full Scholarship
- Be a national of a Bank member country that is eligible to receive Bank financing and not be a national of any country that is not eligible to receive the Bank financing.
- Not hold dual citizen of any developed country.
- Be in good health with respect to the capacity to be a productive scholar for the duration of the Graduate Program, as certified by a medical doctor.
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent with superior academic achievement earned at least three years prior to the Scholarship Application Deadline.
- Not received any scholarship funding to earn a Graduate degree or its equivalent from any sources funded by the government of Japan.
- Be employed in a paid and full time position at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline unless the applicant is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations”.
- Have, by the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, at least three years of recent full time paid professional experience in the field of tax policy and administration after a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in the applicant’s home country or in another developing country; If the applicant 18 Admission Information is from a country identified in the World Bank’s “Harmonized List of Fragile Situations” at the time of the Scholarship Application Deadline, the recent professional experience does not have to be full time or paid.
- Not be an Executive Director, his / her alternate, staff of the World Bank Group(the World Bank, International Development Association, International Finance Corporation, Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency, and International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes), or a close relative of the aforementioned by blood or adoption with the term “close relative” defined as: Mother, Father, Sister, Half-sister, Brother, Half-brother, Son, Daughter, Aunt, Uncle, Niece, or Nephew.
- Admitted to the University unconditionally or conditionally only upon securing financing.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the English language at the level of a TOEFL score of 550(PBT), 213(CBT) or 79 (iBT) or better, or an IELTS score of 6.0 or better.
- Meet any other criteria for admission established by Keio University.
- Applicants must not be currently pursuing a Master’s or Ph.D. program in industrialized countries.
- Applicants must not have had one or more years of training / studies and / or residency in an industrialized country.
- Applicants must not be permanent residents / nationals of industrialized countries.
Eligible Countries: World Bank (non-industrialised) Member countries
Instruction on Application:
Applications for April 2018 admission must reach the JJ/WBGSP Office by no later than October 31, 2017.
It is important to go through the Application Lists and Guidebook ASAP before applying.