Scholarship Description: The University of Mary Washington is offering scholarships for International Students. Scholarships are renewable for up to three additional years of undergraduate study at UMW.
The University of Mary Washington is a public university in Virginia that focuses on undergraduate education in the liberal arts and sciences.
Degree Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing undergraduate programme.
Country of Study: USA
Available Subject: Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
Scholarship Benefits: Upon admission, international students are automatically considered for a $5,000 USD scholarship, based on a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale. This scholarship is renewable for up to three additional years of undergraduate study at UMW.
Eligibility: Graduates of English Language Studies (ELS) level 112 coming to UMW directly from an ELS center are eligible for the following scholarships instead:
- An annual $2,500 Academic Achievement Award, with a cumulative ELS 112 GPA of 3.0 or higher. It’s renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credits per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
- An annual $5,000 Academic Excellence Award, with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher in ELS Levels 110 to 112. It’s renewable for a total of eight semesters as long as the student takes a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester and maintains a 2.5 GPA.
Eligible Nationalities: International students are eligible to apply.
- Application Procedure: Please submit The Common Application or the Coalition Application, essay or approved waiver online. These are the items required of international applicants for admission consideration.
- The Application
- Transcripts and/or Exam Scores
- English Language Proficiency
- Financial Support
Deadline: The application deadline is January 1 for priority admission or February 1 for regular admission.